Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Gramma's Visit

My mom came into town for a couple days to help out. She's been cooking and cleaning for us, which has not only allowed us to eat much tastier and healthier food but has also helped us get back into a normal meal-time schedule. She must run to the store two or three times a day for us, as well. We needed groceries and more baby items and some other things to do small house repairs. I used the very last newborn diaper and wipe we had while she was at the store buying diapers and baby wipes for us. In addition, she has an ever-growing list of things to sew for our little baby's room. Her favorite "job," however, is babysitting Gabi.

Gramma watching
Gabi sleep
Gramma reading
Gabi a book

Even though I love to take care of my daughter, it's nice to be able to take a nap during the day and run necessary errands. Yesterday, I was able to go up to the office to turn in my parking decal and stop the automatic deduction from my paycheck, since I'm not using my parking spot while on maternity leave. On the way home, I bought a couple pieces of much-needed nursing attire. Perhaps tomorrow I will tackle our taxes.


Gramma and Gabi after a bath

It's helpful to have Gramma around even on weekends when Michael is home. Last Saturday, Michael was able to work on an article for a research project he did that was accepted for publication. On Sunday, Gramma watched Gabi in the church's Family Life Center while Michael and I directed the Youth Choir. It was convenient to have her close enough that I could run over to feed her between rehearsal and Mass. Michael's next task will be to study for his exam that was scheduled for the day Gabriella was born.


Three generations of happy girls

Thanks, Mom (now Gramma) for all your assistance! We enjoying having you around, and you are welcome any time.

Gramma has been staying with Lolo and Lola while she's in town. This allows Michael and I some private bonding time with our baby while also allowing Gramma to get a good night's rest so she can watch Gabi the next day while I catch up on sleep. Besides, our house isn't really in order to have guests staying overnight at this point. Gramma has been helping out with organization, too--both by cleaning herself and by rocking or playing with Gabi to give me time to sort through stuff.

Lolo and Lola also housed my parents and Brian when they came to visit for a couple days when Gabi was first born, and they have offered their house again for when my family comes up next week for Match Day. It will be Spring Break for all three of my brothers, so they might all be able to come see Gabi and share in our Match Day celebration. We really appreciate how welcoming Michael's parents have been to my family. Thanks for your hospitality, Lolo and Lola!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gabi is a very cute baby, in every picture. But you didn't mention that Gramma is pretty cute too! And many thanks to Terry and Eddie for their unmatched and much appreciated hospitality. They are wonderful. I can hardly wait until I get to see Gabi again.