Tuesday, March 22, 2005

A Couple Pictures

It's been awhile since I posted some pictures, given all the excitement around our house recently. (We're moving to Atlanta, GA so Michael can go to Emory! Hooray!) I thought I would post a couple pictures just to keep you updated. Last week, I noticed that Gabi's face filled out. She started developing the cute cubby baby cheeks that Lolo is so fond of.


Mama and Gabi in the hallway (3/15/2005)

In this picture, Gabriella is playing on the Pooh quilt that Gramma Jane made for her. She loves to watch as I make her pink bunny and yellow ducky dance in front of her face.


Gabi on her quilt, watching her bunny and ducky (3/14/2005)

Also, I wanted to make mention of Gabi's umbilical cord stump. I think she has a cute little umbilical cord, as it was cut much shorter than the cord on most other babies I have known. The nurses told me to expect it to fall off on its own in 7 to 10 days. It has now been 25 days, and it's still hanging in there. We just make sure to apply alcohol each time we change her diaper, and I suppose it will fall off eventually.


Papa cleaning Gabi's umbilical cord (3/4/2005)

Also of note on that last picture is Gabi's calm face while lying on the changing table. This is most unusual, as diaper changes (with the cold, wet baby wipes and the cold, wet alcohol swab) are her most upsetting times -- second only to bathtime, which she also dislikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is soooo adorable.

Anonymous said...

If it's the cold that upsets her, you could get one of those little devices that warms the wipes. I don't know what they're called, but my friend has one that attaches to the foot of the changing table.