Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Face to Face


"Papa-time" up close.

This morning I woke up and dressed little Gabi up for the day in this cute little onesie/pants outfit, complete with my favorite pink bow (that sounds manly, doesn't it?). After Gabi had some breakfast, she and I had some "Papa-time."

You'll notice that I'm rather close to her face in this picture. That isn't just because she's nice to smell. As you may already know, newborn babies have very limited vision. About 8-15 inches is the about the farthest she can focus--just far enough to make out your face if you're holding her.

4 comments:

magda said...

Eeep! Don't take pictures *away*!! Bring back the one of squirming Gabriella, pretty please. --adoring fan #204387237509234.61

Lissa said...

I added that picture to the "Pediatric One Week Check-Up" post. In order to add pictures to this blog, we have to add each picture as its own entry (with a caption but no title and no other comments). Then, we can move the picture somewhere else and/or add text around the image. Sorry--you caught the blog in the middle of that edit. No worries, though--the picture is still there for you to see, just in one of the other posts. :) Thanks for being such a devoted adoring fan of our beautiful daughter!

Anonymous said...

I keep taking breaks during the day to gaze at the beautiful family pictures! Gabi looks very alert for being scarcely one week old, which is wonderful to see. I must also say that I loved the story about Lissa's ride to the hospital! I'm glad you all are alright, and that Lissa is indeed a tough cookie! I love you three so much!

Anonymous said...

the artist in me sees this darling pic of Gabi and is reminded of rodan's "the thinker" i have to agree with katie that she seems very alert for her age! hugs and kisses to the lil thinker. :)