Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Luau!

Gabi went to her first birthday party a few weeks ago. One of my friends from Little Rock moved out to Atlanta with his family too, and his little girl turned 3. It was a fun luau-type party with lots of little munchkins running about, getting ice cream all over their faces... riding on my shoulders... getting ice cream in my hair...

Anyway, our little one was well behaved as always, especially because she got to be outside. But she wasn't really sure what to make of some new experiences:


Gabi's first hula skirt

...like dressing up in a hula skirt (obviously intended for someone a bit taller). Mama and I thought it was cute, but Gabi wanted to think it over. Note the pensive furrowed brow she is displaying in this picture.


Gabi rides in a swing

...she was equally unsure how she felt about getting to ride in a swing. She's never been a big fan of feeling the wind in her face. She much preferred getting to grab on to the chains (covered in protective rubber for decreased finger-pinching) and trying to get aforementioned chains into her little mouth. The lei she's modeling also became a favorite for "I wonder what this tastes like" exploration.

As a final note, for some reason, I seem to be achin' for some bacon (yep yep yep). Oh well, until next time, you can be a big pig too (ooh!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sure is a pretty little girl in that luau skirt. I miss seeing her cute smile, but Grandma just called to say they are an their way home from Great Grandmother's house. (And, home to Papa tomorrow).

Anonymous said...

She looks pretty in any outfit. I guess she is getting her polio immunizations from all the tasting experiments. Miss you all.

Anonymous said...

I was looking at past pictures and realizing that at one point Gabi seemed to have a mohawk! She's the only girl I know who could pull off looking that cute in one! You guys look great; I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well! Love to all!

Anonymous said...

oh. my. gosh. that is the most adorable thing EVER. :) :) :) even tho Gabi looks like she wants to punch somebody in the face. it must be so tiring being adored by all and whatnot... :-P