Monday, February 28, 2005

Hospital Discharge

Mama with GabiPapa with Gabi


We were able to go home after Mama and Gabi did well for 24 hours. Here are a couple of pictures we took while we were waiting for final instructions from our nurse. Gabi had no problems while she was in the hospital... but we are all still recovering from the experience and trying to settle into life at home. Before we left, Gabi had her first immunization (for Hepatitis B) as well as her metabolic screen (for diseases like PKU).

Well... that's enough pictures for one night. Check back for updates. We plan to keep this baby for quite a while. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! (Excited screaming from 800 some miles away so as not to wake Gabi)

Well, if for some reason you don't plan to keep the baby, I'll take her because she is BEAUTIFUL!!! Miriam passed along the news. You all look wonderful and I'm loving the family pictures. I'm still trying to get it into my head that this is MY friend's baby, that you both are parents! You'll do great! And Gabi, as a fellow first grandchild as well as first great-grandchild, the world is on a plate for you! Live it up before you get more brothers and sisters! Please let me know if there's anything I can do or get for you guys, and all my love to the brand-new family!

Gabi said...

Thanks, Katie. I am beautiful, aren't I?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Melissa! What a beautiful baby! Best wishes to you and your new family.

Beth Lerner