Tuesday, May 10, 2005

More Baptismal Pictures

Gabriella Christine's baptism was such a momentous event, we figure that more photos are appropriate. Unfortunately, as you will see in some of these pictures, Gabi did not particularly enjoy her baptism ceremony because she was hungry at the time and did not appreciate the delay in being fed. The priest gave a fantastic homily, though, and Gabi did stop crying during the actual pouring of the water on her head (I think because she was confused as to what was going on).


Gabi borrowed Steven's
gorgeous Filipino
baptismal gown.

The priest annoints Gabi
just as Samuel annointed David.


Gabriella pauses from
her "I'm hungry" cry
to watch the priest.

Gabriella is called to be
a light for the world.


Monsignor Hebert, Ninong Edward,
Mama, Papa, and Ninang Sylvia
with the newly-baptized Gabriella.

Gabriella (still hungry) with
her parents and grandparents
after her baptism.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The priest at my parents' parish always used to defuse the tension of a crying baby by proclaiming 'Ah, it looks like we have another choir member' if the kid yelled during the baptism.

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

At my Aunt Rita's Church, whenever a baby would cry the priest would say, "I guess they didn't like my homily." I've also heard priests say that the little ones are just helping with the sermon. Father Joe, the priest at my home church, told me once that he thought of crying babies as God's way of telling him that it was time to let the people go watch some football. I think that priest's really don't mind additions to the mass from all the little children, especially from children as cute as yours.