Wednesday, June 08, 2005

SuperGabi!


Pictures of SuperGabi©, Baby of Steel!
(5/23/05)


So a few weeks ago, Gabi and I were letting Mama take a nap, when Gabi decided she needed a "new trick." These photos are the first recorded evidence of that new trick--flying. Lolo and Lola were so delighted with this trick (and the big smile it elicited--see the second picture) that they dubbed her "SuperGabi" (you know, because she flies like Superman). I was thinking of just calling it "flying" but "SuperGabi" seems to have stuck... mostly because Lola kept repeating it everytime I'd hoist her up.

At any rate, it's a totally fun game to play now, because it always gets a big smile (as well as a large amount of drool spillage if I attempt it unassisted). I'd attempted to introduce it about a month earlier, and the results were less than spectacular--Gabi hated it. Since then, she's developed her back muscles quite a bit, and she loves to show them off. I'm surprised that we have only these two pictures of SuperGabi, as often as we show off this ability, but then, I suppose that most of the pictures belong to those adoring fans who have witnessed her super powers in person.

By way of exposition (and so that you can complete your superhero collector cards), SuperGabi can not only fly, but also has the strength of many babies and can stand with minimal assistance. She fights crime with her uncanny bubble-making ability (of the saliva variety) and her mama sense.

Note: SuperGabi "fights crime" in that she "keeps her parents occupied so they don't get into mischief." Mama says she's not old enough to be a caped crusader or anything dangerous just yet. She's not even old enough to be a "terror that flaps in the night."

Of course, her greatest superpower is her super cuteness, which even now is captivating the lot of you, gentle citizens and evildoers alike.

So once again, the day is saved, thanks to the cutest superhero out there, SuperGabi.

2 comments:

magda said...

Maybe being a bibbed crusader is the first step to being a caped crusader.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for my little Gabi girl... I really loved having all of the 'Tita time' that we shared the past week. I really do love my little niece so much! Can't wait to come visit...give her a jumping, hands shaking, cross-eyed, tongue sticking out for me.